The Code Steering Group is currently developing an updated version of the code.
A draft of the new Code and a summary of the consultation findings on this document are available to read here.
Please note this is a temporary website whilst funding is sort to redevelop the code’s online presence.
Good Governance: a Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector (the Code) is just as it says, a code of governance written for voluntary and community organisations.
- By the sector, for the sector
- Six key principles explain good governance
- Points out important legal requirements
- Gives suggestions on how to apply the principles in practice
- Jointly owned by NCVO, ACEVO, SCC, ICSA & WCVA
- Supported by the Charity Commission and the Clothworkers’ Company